On this DVD, Sri Gurudev gives an in-depth analysis of how to successfully overcome attachment and possessiveness. He recommends we understand the difference between love and attachment and question ourselves:
- “Why am I attached to this?
- How can I say it is mine?
- Did I bring it with me when I was born?
- Can I take it with me when I die?
- These things are all given to me. What for?
"Maybe for some purpose. God wants me to use them. Things and people are never mine. They are there for me to show love, for me to offer my service.”
He reminds us that it is not people or things that bring problems but our attachment to people and things. Another main topic Sri Gurudev addresses is how to master the emotions including anger and guilt. In the classic story of how he takes anger out of his pocket, Sri Gurudev shows how, without getting angry ourselves, we can utilize anger when the situation calls for it.
- How to Overcome Attachments
- How to Control Anger Overcoming
- Letting Go of Guilt
- The Purpose of Marriage